Tuesday 2 June 2009

The big of the biggest


To tell you about the best in my field it's such a big problem, because I don't know very well what my field is.

Well, if I suppose it's about Art History, it still be a big problem to try to find the best, between artists, writers, critics, historians, theorics, trough hundred of years.

And now, if I only situated the range of time and the range of geographical space (or cultural, if you want) between the topics I like, I can talk about many people how the best.

Wow.

So, one of the best could be the "inventors" of Iconology-Iconography Erwin Panofsky and, of course, Aby Warburg. As a completed man, encyclopedian man, H. Gombrich, maybe the most popular. His book "History of Art" relayed the thinkers spheres and belongs to the common public. And from today, Serge Gruzinski is a very interesting theoric-historian.

Relating artists, I have my eyes and my heart in lot of people, from a lot of periods. I can't choose now!

No comments:

Post a Comment