Sunday 31 May 2009

My best sister


I’m really a solitary person. I have good partners in the university, in the job, in the poetry world but I don’t have a best friend like the word means. Since I have memory I have been like that. I prefer to spend my time doing things alone, like reading, writing, kniting, thinking. I have a really good relationship with my family, mother and brothers, and with my boyfriend, so my social life is whith them. Maybe, in a special way, my best friend has been my sister Bárbara (althoug she’s six years under me) because we share our musical likes, art likes, etc. But now she lives in Buenos Aires and I miss her a lot!
The past year cames to Chile one of my favorite groups, Interpol, and she were in Argentina so I went alone to the concert and it was really sad because I screamed with my self...
Together we went to concerts, disco, expositions or only to walk and talk about life. Sometimes we watched musical videos on the web, or dog’s photos to laugh, because we love dogs. Both we have dogs, females, Miel and Limón (Miel is mine and Limón is her) and now I have to care both.
Now I really have less free time than other years so I spend my time in work or studiying. But I still miss her.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Ursula:
    I know the feeling. I have both my lovely sisters in the UK and I miss them like hell.
    That's life, though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Ursula
    I would like to see a picture of Miel and Limón!! They must be very cute!!
    see you in class :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we are very similar Úrsula. I'm a very solitary person too, and I enjoy it a lot. The silence and solitaries places, like he beach in winter. Do you like it? I'm sure it is.

    Kises and I really hope to listen you reciting some of your poems.

    Maca.

    ReplyDelete