Tuesday 9 June 2009

Manierism in the Art History

This semester I’ve took only subjects that I like, fortunely.

The term that gave to me more knowledge (interesting and fun knowledge) has been “El concepto del Manierismo en la pintura europea del siglo XVI” (Mannerism concept on century XVI Europe painting) by Constanza Acuña.

I’ve learned about a strange and complicated period of the art history that came to America with the first colons, although you can see more the Baroque style in those centuries.

The Mannerism is a style between Renaissance and Baroque in the European arts. It borne in Italy and it expanded trough France, how “Fountainebleu School”, and Germany with painters like Albert Dürer (or Durero). In Italy, the epicentre, the style grew with artists like Giulio Romano, Cellini, and Parmigianino.

Now, I have to do the final work for this subject. I have to find a painting here, in Santiago-Chile, that I can situate in the Mannerism style and write an investigation. I hope to get a good mark!

I will post it in my spanish blog then.



No comments:

Post a Comment