Saturday 13 June 2009

Pieces of what?


Ok. I've already listened the conferece of Sir Ken Robinson about creativity in the school's education and I could understand just pieces of the topics, one on other words, and with this information and my common sense I understood the following things:


  • He was a funny man (don't know why, but people laughs)

  • He told something about a girl who draw a God.

  • When his son was 4, they moved from Stanford to Los Angeles.

  • He think creativity development is not important in the public education.

  • He noted maths and lenguages are the most important topic at school's education.

  • He think the dance, for example, could be important to because we have bodies to use them.

  • The sistem privileges the head up to the rest of the body. Means the most important thing it's the mental develop.

  • There are problems with that in relation with the university's education.

  • He think the women can do more things at same time than men.

  • There're people have to move to think, like a dancer, people that can't be still to think.

In my opinion, the education sistem, there and here, compress us to memorize and repeat knowledge, norms of behavior, how to study, how to work, how to write, etc. but don't let us the free expression to our natural ways. The education sistem cut our posibilities of to develop our creativity, just because we have to be quiet and sit in the classroom.


In my case, my mother figth throug that robotized education and gave me the instruments to develop all my creativity and don't let it turn down in the school. It is tremendously useful in my life.

1 comment:

  1. What a big gift úrsula! my mom give me only free forms to confront my life too, and my personal interests, and I'm very grateful to her for that...

    See you on Monday!

    ReplyDelete