Monday 27 April 2009

Cultural heritage: the past in the present

When I choosed this career I only thought about fine arts and beauty, but I wasn't sure what I'll find in the school. First, like a lot of people here, I was disappointed because I didn't found any sense to the career, I mean, there isnt't nothing clear to do in the future with this studies. But, after four years freezing I returned with new energy.
I began to understand what usefull it is, the career, to develop works around the Cultural Heritage, one of the things that I most love in the world. This year I've known a lot of amazing people who studied here and now they works in museums and intitutions heritages. It is so fundamental in the cultural develop of a country to protect professionally it heritage, and that I want to help to do.
The documentation area it's very entertaining. To know about international treatments, computational programs to document, etc. are a essentials tools in this area. Also the art history knowledge is needed to recognize the pieces and understand it value.
Every day I'm more enthusiastic with this career and the area I've choosed. I want to investigate and cooperate about chilean cultural heritage.
It is a way to do something real with the career.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ursula, I´m so happy to know that I´m not the only one who have wander the same question that you had, I love what you write about your entusiasm with this carrer. Well... GOOD LUCK, bye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ursula! i agree with you, cultural heritage is very important to preserve our identity as a community. i hope you could reach your objectives about this, good luck!

    ReplyDelete